Brand Marketing Manager Byredo - China
BYREDO (www.byredo.com) is a rapid-growing European Luxury leather, beauty and lifestyle brand with the Headquarter in Paris, and Creative team in Stockholm, fully owned by Manzanita Capital (Private Equity). Today, Manzanita portfolio includes several beauty & lifestyle niche brands (BYREDO, DIPTYQUE, SPACE NK, MALIN & GOETZ, EVE LOM, LIPSTICK QUEEN, KEVYN AUCOIN) distributed by a sister company called Beautiful Tree.
Today, BYEREDO has an ambitious development plan for China market, the brand has decided to search for an experienced and entrepreneurial candidate for the new created role of Brand Marketing manager of BYREDO China.
- Based in : Shanghai / China - Shanghai
- Contract : 10/2019 - permanent
Reporting directly to the GM of Beautiful Tree China (based in Shanghai), you will act as brand ambassador and as the key gate keeper in terms of branding, marketing, communication strategy within global brand strategy’s guideline. You are responsible for overseeing all brand management aspects and implementing growth strategy in China market to meet the brand’s objective in terms of brand equity. Your main duties will be:
- Develop the China Brand Marketing strategy and be the brand Ambassador
• Develop and implement strategic 360 China brand marketing plan based on local consumer insights with global brand strategy in mind.
• Build and participate into developing an appropriate CRM and Digital Marketing strategy with HQ to develop local brand awareness in order to reach China business growth.
• Be a brand ambassador, able to present BYREDO heritage and products in all environments and at all levels.
- Lead and supervise daily China Brand Marketing & Communication activities.
• Both offline & digital Marketing plan development: initiate integrated marketing activations in accordance with brand strategy. Lead the plan development, campaign development and execution, monitor, review and ensure prompt delivery of aligned global plan and marketing calendar.
• Communication development: Manage the quality and efficiency of all service agencies to develop strategic and innovative communication ideas and executions, including media buying, creative, event, CRM, PR, digital etc.
• Develop and manage the marketing budgets, manage approved (regional/local) agencies and service providers to ensure quality and costs controls.
• Monitor VM effects and performance aligned with global guidelines on retail level.
- Collaborate & Communicate with different local cross functions, be an efficient communication channel with global team.
• Demonstrate marketing & communication project ownership and establish a smooth relationship with global and other cross functions for high quality activation execution in China market.
• Close collaboration with China Head of Sales as a team player, to drive marketing tactics, effective new store opening, and drive traffic to generate solid and consistent revenue.
• Enhance communication & engagement of store performance at retail store level, to ensure smooth planning and implementation of in-store events and communication activities, tracking KPI.
Function skills : communication ( public relations & events ) marketing ( communication - local brand management )
Product skills : fashion accessories ( small leather goods, belts - handbags, travel bags ) beauty ( skin care - make up - perfume )
Product category : Luxury
Business sectors : manufacturer ( fashion, textile & apparel - beauty )
• Minimum of 8 years of overall experience in brand management & Marketing, Communication related functions for international companies (brand principals and agencies) specialized in the luxury sector. Experience in fashion, and/or fashion accessories is a must.
• A digital savvy, who has genuine passion in developing high quality luxury brands and sense of aesthetic and fashion lifestyle taste.
• Combine strategic mindset and hands on approach to deliver best marketing & communication practices, both off and online expertise.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong English written and spoken skills.
• Strong cross functional leadership and management skills, able to drive high performance team.
• Entrepreneurial, innovative and creative brand marketing person, you are excited to develop a brand with high growth potential, where being self-motivated, resilient, flexible, organized, able to be a brand ambassador is a key.
• Fluent in English and Chinese, French is a plus.
Experience years : 5 to 10
Language skills : english (business proficient) - chinese - mandarin (business proficient)